Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Thieves!!

essential-oil
Do you use essential oils? I do I have been a member of Young Living for about 10 years  now, and have loved the Thieves oil
now I am all for saving money so am experimenting on making some of my own Thieves oil! I trust Young Living for oils that I may ingest but I have been in a group that has done some independent testing and there are other companies that have tested as well as  Young Living. So I do use some other brands.
   So I will be making my own "Thieves" mixture for cleaning purposes to save a little money!!
This is the recipe I will be using!!

Antibacterial Essential Oil Blend

Makes 280 drops. About enough to fill 1 15ml bottle
Ingredients
80 drops clove bud oil
70 drops lemon oil
40 drops cinnamon oil
30 drops eucalyptus oil (See Note)
20 drops rosemary oil
20 – 40 drops total other oils of choice, including melaleuca, frankincense, lavender, cedar, etc. (optional)
Method
1.  Add oils, one by one, to your container of choice. (I used an old essential oil bottle that used to hold one of the oils in this blend.)
2. Shake bottle and use as desired.
NOTES:
1.  Eucalyptus oils have a component that is poisonous. According to this, you would need to ingest 3.5 ml of the oil to be fatal.  So for sure keep these oils out of the reach of children.  For safety reasons, Eucalyptus Citriodora might be the best choice to use in this blend though the big oils companies use Radiata in theirs. Make sure to read the labels on your essential oils bottles carefully before using.
2.  This oil blend is hot. It can burn sensitive skin, or throat lining, etc. Use with caution and dilute appropriately.  I encourage you to do your own research to find out what dilution works best for you.
3.  Especially if you are going to use this blend internally, it is especially important that you purchase pure oils.  Do your homework and don’t use any oil you aren’t sure is sourced correctly.
I will then be mixing it with witch hazel in spray bottles that we carry with us and use on shopping carts, bathroom seats, and just to spray on our hands between stores!!
images (1)
We have also tried making our own toothpaste which was an epic fail!
I'm glad we didn't make a container each before we tried it!!
This is the recipe we used it seemed to be tooo salty for us so I have ordered some bentonite clay to try again~
6 tsp baking soda
4 tsp coconut oil
1/3 tsp sea salt
15-20 drops peppermint essential oil
Mix all in a baby food size jar. To use, simply remove lid and dip toothbrush in.
We will see how each of the new products we make compares with the real thing!
I have been enjoying making salves, lip balms, and each new thing with my girls!!
downsized_1103131549 (1)Hadassah
We really like the antibiotic salve that we make its uses are endless!!

No comments: